Hello, all:

Does anyone have a land pattern (footprint) for the uMAX10 package?  If so,
I would appreciate a copy of it.  Please send it to my e-mail address, not
the Protel group.

This is used by a Maxim part, and I called Maxim for the recommended land
pattern.  They didn't have one, and told me to look on my "program disk" for
the JEDEC type M0187.  I finally figured out that what they meant was "call
IPC and get the land pattern".

Well, I went to IPC's website, and didn't find anything useful.  It looks
like you have to pay for anything useful.  I guess it's one of those "open"
standards that is really only open if you pay the standards body $$$ to get
a copy of it.  Phooey on that!  I just want a downloadable electronic
version, I don't need another piece of paper.

I am tired of standards bodies locking up all the vital information with
copyrights and big fees.  IEEE is probably the worst in this regard.  In the
Internet age, open standards should be distributed electronically for free.
They can charge for paper copies and physical media.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Best regards,
Ivan Baggett
Bagotronix Inc.