That pretty much the same thing he said 8 years
ago.  I've had some board houses tell me that they
love Valor's ODB++ and they are pushing the format
as the new standard.

A improved standard to replace Gerber would be great
but you need the various vendors to drop their
self-interest in their own formats and that's not going
to happen any time soon.

Steve Smith
Product Engineer
Staco Energy Products Co.