From: Colby - PowerStream [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Friday, July 27, 2001 12:44 PM
To: Protel EDA Forum
Subject: Re: [PEDA] Duplicating pieces of a layout

Exactly =)

In the article I pointed to one of the final lines is.

"You must then annotate the design to ensure that all designators are
unique"

Basically what this document tells you is how to copy the schematics, change
the name of the schematics, change the name of the sheet symbol, re-annotate
the schematic and then run the Complex to Simple process so you can turn the
'Link' copy you made into a 'Real' copy of the file.

You can accomplish the same thing by just making an actual 'Real' copy of
the file to begin with, then follow the same instructions and skip the part
where you run the Complex to Simple process.. since the file is an actual
copy and not a link there is no need to run the process.

You really only need:
A copy of the schematic with a new name
Unique designators
And a sheet symbol to tie the new sheet in to the hierarchy.

Regards,
Colby Siemer                        ** Custom Battery Chargers
                                           ** Custom Power Supplies
PowerStream Technology       ** Custom UPS
140 S. Mountainway Drive      ** Custom DC/DC Converters
Orem Utah 84058                  ** Power management electronics for OEMs

http://www.PowerStream.com