Hey people me again,

Has anyone else out there used the database linking function?  I am using it
to insert company specific information about parts into the part fields.  it
works well, however it is incredibly slow to update the information often
taking 5 to 10 minutes with less than 30 parts on the scematic!  The
database is in DBaseIV format and less than 400 items with 6 fields each.  i
only reference to one field per component.

Can you set the update to insert information as i place components? or is
there a better way?  I had toyed with the idea of writing somewthing in
Access to do the same job but thats another stage of things to do when
printing BOMs etc.  and more than a little bit of a a pain

As usual, all help appreciated.;-)

Rich

*                      - or email -