We came across this as well,  16 part fields are fine for most uses, however
when you get complex spice information in all parts as well it eats up your
fields!  some components use upto 14 fields just for spice info!  we need 6
fields for company data, so something has to give. (usually the spice info,
using presets etc)  I think i may have to write something within access to
convert the standard BOM outputs but longterm that server sounds very good
;-)

Rich