Richard,

If you have come to the conclusion that this function is almost unworkably
slow then unfortunately you can now consider yourself an expert on this
particular part of Protel.
We have been using this function from when Protel98 was first released until
about 2 months ago and there has been NO improvement since its inception.
If you think 10 minutes is a long time wait until you have a large design
(30 schematics or more), its a killer.
I designed a Access database that automatically outputted to Dbase4, we then
linked Protel to this. If you can put up with time delay in updating from
the Dbase file in Protel the function itself is very reliable (there was a
bug in P98 but it has been corrected in P99SE).

To sum up, the function is slow and there is nothing you can do about it.
Sorry I don't have any good news for you :((

Brad

Brad Shea
Senior PCB Designer

PowerSearch Ltd