source termination allows the signal to reflect off the load and
> travel back to the source, where is absorbed by series termination. > > >

And I will bet his analysis was done with  sine wave reflections not  a
rising edge of a pulse.   Try  a simple experiment,   pick a design you
already have on the bench,  replace the resistor with  10 ohms then replace
it with 50,   Get a high speed scope and measure the leading edges.
If you apply his theory you are playing games with bouncing spikes back and
forth.. which .equals a very noisy board.  The name of the game is to keep
the spikes from being generated in the first place   not spike management.
I guess you could do spike management but I prefer  the first method.    Try
the bench test   and look at the edge.  I had a very good rf engineer
explain then he showed me.

Mike Reagan