what OS ?
if < W2k then prob just the usual resource problem
i have seen similar things in W98, sometimes solved by restarting
proaltium and sometimes needing system restart

i have also seen my various key customizations stop working for no
apparent reason, again solved as above

i have just started using W2K Pro and so far i must say that it is far
more stable than W98, but with specific regard to proaltium i don't have
enough time logged to say anything definitive except that rebooting in
general now seems like an old bad memory

there is one plus to frequent rebooting tho...
you can stop get up, stretch and smell the flowers!
some busybody ergonomic lawmaker will probably legislate instability
someday

Dennis Saputelli