Folks,

What version of Allegro are you trying to convert from?

The reason I ask is that we have files in version 8.x from 6 years ago.
When I investigated
converting these to Protel it didn't appear possible. Cadence themselves
could only bring
our old version files into their latest version be iterating through every
version of software they
produced since version 8, one at a time, all separate installations.
Needless to say that also
required a great deal of sucking up and money to accomplish.

We now have a contractor manually convert any old files we need to rework,
depending
upon the level of changes. Other than that all the legacy files are kept in
CAM350 as
Gerbers. We did keep the netlists which makes the checking easier when
redrawing the
schematics into Protel.

To summarise, from our investigations, apart from the converter you mention
below, I am
not aware of any other solutions. Version 2.8 of Protel is the only version
RSI seem to
support. We have a design from Veribest/Mentor RSI have a translator for,
and it too is
for version 2.8.

At 02:47 PM 15/08/2001 -0700, you wrote:
>Bob,
>
>I don't know what Allegro goes for but the converter I researched was
>$11,400 to go both ways. Ouch!
>
>Jim McGrath
>CAD Connections Inc.
>
>Bob Jones wrote:
>
> > Hi Jim,
> > I guess nobody cares about your Allegro problems!!!!
> > What's cheaper the converter or Allegro?
> >
> > Bob Jones
> > Digitized Technologies
> > 2 Summit Road
> > P.O.Box 7284
> > Prospect, CT. 06712-1541
> > Tel: 203-758-6312
> > Fax: 203-758-3338
> > email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> >           [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> >
> > Notice:  This message is intended solely for the person to whom it
> > is addressed.  Unintended recipients will be legally responsible for
> > unauthorized use, disclosure, copying or distribution.  If you have
> > received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately
> > by replying to this message.  Then delete this message from your
> > system.  Thank you.

Regards,

Colin Weber