On 02:56 PM 16/08/2001 +0400, [EMAIL PROTECTED] said:
>Hi,
>
>The best way to customize Protel's menu, toobars and shortcuts is to create
>special server for it.
>This server hasn't got any DLL but it has resouces described in special file
>and installation file.
>If you customize resource manually you can lose chamges after crash. If you
>use server you need just install server tp restore all changes.
>I have a good example of this server but it has a few Russian letters. Also
>I have written big article about this problem for Russian users.
>Is anybody interested in it?
>
>Best regards,
>Yuri V.Potapoff

Too right, mate!

Is it possible to add new entries to a menu system using an INS file and an
associated RCS file or can you only create a new menu using this method?

I am interested.  Only yesterday I was looking at the details of INS files
and noticed resource files can be installed using one. Didn't make the
mental leap that this could be used *without* a fancy server DLL to simply
pass about customisations.

This technique would allow Protel users to exchange fancy
customizations.  Such as mine that adds copy, cut and paste to the right
click.  This would be a great way the specialized customisations can be shared.

Yuri, is the article available?

Sounds good,
Ian Wilson.