> Brian,
>
> Have you noticed under the Help|Macros menu option there is a call to a
> Client Basic Color/Colour Set script?
>
> I assume you will do something similar but, in addition, allow the current
> set to be saved.  Looking on the menu resource for this entry for shows
the
> process is:
> Macro:RunMacro
> with parameters
> DesignName=\system\templates.ddb | DocumentName=macros\PcbColor.bas |
> Language=ClientBasic
>
> There is also a script for recalling layer sets.
>
> I only just noticed them.  I wonder how many others have never seen them?
>
> Ian Wilson

I don't know if it is still available for downloading from Protel's WebSite,
but there used to be an addon Server, for use with Protel 3, which
facilitated saving sets of layer colours, and restoring these (using the
user-assignable name for each such set in order to select which set to
restore). And I am pretty certain that this Server (and various others) was
also included on the CD-ROM for AdvPcb 3.1.

With a bit of editing (because of the increased number of layers available,
and changes to aspects of the SDK code), this could be updated for use with
Protel 99 SE. (The WebSite and CD-ROM provided not just the compiled .DLL
file, but also all of the associated source code files.)

Selecting an appropriate set of colours would facilitate viewing the PCB
file in Transparent mode (even if that set was not used otherwise). It would
not be too difficult to create a Process which could toggle the view between
one state in which Transparent mode is *not* selected and one set of colours
is used, and another state in which Transparent mode *is* selected and a
different set of colours is used. Food for thought...

Regards,
Geoff Harland.
E-Mail Disclaimer

*                      - or email -