On 12:46 PM 21/08/2001 -0400, Brian Guralnick said:
>     Now that I finished the Client Basic footprint generator, my next
> project is to
>Load & Save, Import & Export -> Color & Display <- preferences for the PCB
>software.
>
>     I will also try to make an 'Auto Palette' for the transparent layer
> users out
>there.  The 'Auto Palette' will make the layer you are working on normal
>brightness
>while making all the other layers half, or quarter brightness.  This is
>basically an
>improvement, or sort of like a middle ground between using transparency &
>not using
>transparency.
>
>     If anyone has some additional recommendations regarding an automated
> Color
>preference tool, please make them now.

Brian,

Have you noticed under the Help|Macros menu option there is a call to a
Client Basic Color/Colour Set script?

I assume you will do something similar but, in addition, allow the current
set to be saved.  Looking on the menu resource for this entry for shows the
process is:
Macro:RunMacro
with parameters
DesignName=\system\templates.ddb | DocumentName=macros\PcbColor.bas |
Language=ClientBasic

There is also a script for recalling layer sets.

I only just noticed them.  I wonder how many others have never seen them?

Ian Wilson