There are two places that you import graphic images, schematic capture and
pcb layout.

We don't generally import graphics into schematics because of two things
discovered by experiance:
1. It is difficault to maintain the graphic link unless your design ddb
stays in the same place. You can't make the design more portable by linking
to a graphic imported into the ddb. If you do move the ddb then you need to
make sure the graphic file can be found from the new location with the same
path. To much hassel!!

2. If you use a graphic as part of a component symbol, when you 'flip' the
symbol the grapgic doesn't flip. Not much use if your imported graphic is an
opto symbol.

The only place we use a graphic symbol is a company logo for the template
which is stored in the same loaction on all our machines so it doesn't
matter which machine you load the ddb, it will always find the graphic in
the correct place, i.e. C:\Program Files\Design Explorer 99
SE\System\Templates. And that is about all its good for, IMHO.

Importing DXF and dwg files (from autocad) into the pcb layout is different
however and we use this to get the board profile and physical location of
connectors, fixing holes etc. This works well and is very simple to use.
File ..Import brings up a browes dialog box and you navigate to the file you
want to import and when you have it brings up another dialog box with the
layers it will import to and here you can select what you want to import and
what layer you want to bring it in on.

I hope this helps.

TC