Hello all,

I am searching (part time) for a better method of maintaining the bug
list.  I am thinking something along the lines of the Bugzilla project as
used by the Mozilla people (http://www.mozilla.org/bugs/).  Or something
similar.

What I would like is:
1) easy entry and editing (by one or more admin people)
2) able to act as store for more than just bugs, also suggestions
3) ability to maintain a status on each bug/suggestion - such as fixed and
in what version it was fixed
4) more powerful search
5) Maybe the ability to accept ongoing comments from users (possibly
moderated) and maintain the thread to allow issues to be discussed.  (This
should not be confused as another mailing list, that is not the function.)
6) ability to include graphics in posts maybe to allow screen shots to be
included - although these could be links to external pages.

My problem is I do not know much about Perl/CGI/webby stuff.  So I am not
sure how one would go about installing this, getting the source etc.

I am enlisting a couple of people who think they can offer some time and
expertise to help set up a better bug/suggestion tracking system. Frankly I
do not want to get too involved in the nitty gritty apart from commenting
on the solutions that others dig up.  Anyon got the skills required?  I am
not too interested in "I would like to help but have not got the
time".  None of us have.  If you were going to write along those lines just
don't write, thanks.

Where it gets hosted is another discussion that will no doubt get a lively
discussion going (my thought www.protelusers.net - but that doesn't
exist...yet.  protelusers.net should no be tied too closely to any company.

Ian Wilson
Considered Solutions Pty Ltd     mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
ABN: 96 088 410 002
5 The Crescent
CHATSWOOD   2067
Ph: +61 2 9411 4248   Fax: +61 2 9411 4249