Hello All:

I have used many of these types of holes for mounting screws.  We call them
"manhole covers". We use non-plated thru hole for mounting screws to
minimize the possibility of metal fragments coming loose when the screws are
installed and removed.  There is also the chance that the connection to the
ground plane can be compromised by damage caused by the screw.  We want a
good reliable connection between the chassis and the ground plane at our
mounting hole.

I make a component with 7 pads numbered 1-7.  Pad 1 is the center hole and
is not plated thru with a larger diameter pad on top and bottom.  Then I add
pads 2-7 around the perimeter.  I also make a schematic symbol for the
mounting holes.  This way, all of the perimeter holes can be connected to
the planes correctly.  The center hole is not connected to the plane
directly but gets it's connection thru the surface pads/perimeter pads.

I suspect that this may be what Mr. Salehi is attempting.  He may need to
use a larger pad size than .225" to leave enough room for the perimeter pads
though....

I hope this was of some help.

Regards,

Cliff