Brad
    You are correct as usual, but may have overlooked one aspect.
    If this is a mounting hole(where there can multiple installation and
removals of the screws),
    it could break the barrel of the via. Not to bad for a double sided pcb, but
terrible for a
    multilayer. If the inner layers are planes connected to different screw
terminals, scrap the board.
    I use this a lot on switch mode power supplies.

    Bob Fearon