-----Original Message-----
From: Jon Elson [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, September 26, 2001 3:32 PM

Robison Michael R CNIN wrote:

> i built an IC component and i incorrectly numbered the ground pin
> as 17 instead of the 7 it should have been.  i used three of them
> in the schematic and it was flagged when i went to update the
> pcb.  i changed the component library, updated the schematic,
> but only one of the chips got corrected.  why wouldn't the other
> two chips update to the correct numbering?

<snip>

When you edit the component library, there is a button in the
left pane (when the document manager is on the screen (toggled
with the hierarchy symbol on the left side of the toolbar)
that says update schematics.  If you pushed that button
it should update all instances of the schemaic component.

In the schematic editor, under the Design pull down menu,
there is an entry Update Parts in Cache, that should force the library
information onto all matching components.  Watch out for
libraries that have components of the same name.