At 01:36 PM 10/29/01 -0500, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>Apparently there are hidden handles which link the PCB and
>schematic parts, and that works fine for reannotating as long as you keep it
>open. But when you close and reopen, it reestablishes those links via the
>reference designators.

Just to clarify a possible misunderstanding, if the links are
re-established through reference designators after a renumbering but before
the information has been transfered, you will have one big mess.

I generally do not recommend renumbering for several reasons, but this is a
controversial subject, some people insist that renumbering is very useful.
My own view is that there are better ways of accomplishing the same goal:
ease of interpretation and identification of components by assembly and
service personnel.

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Abdulrahman Lomax
Easthampton, Massachusetts USA