Here's the BS I received in reply to my little tantrum email effort:

Dear Tom,

At Altium, we are committed to continually enhancing the performance of your
products. In line with this commitment, we have introduced a new superior
support program, Altium Total Support (ATS), that makes it easier for Protel
customers to buy, use and stay up-to-date with design technology.

ATS membership is now provided with all Protel full suite licenses
(effective October 1st, 2001). Rest assured, if you have purchased your
Protel 99 SE license prior to October 1st, 2001 you do not need to purchase
ATS for your current license. You will continue to receive full ATS-level
technical support, library updates, and any new service packs and add-ons
for Protel 99 SE as part of your current license. When you upgrade from
Protel 99 SE to the next version of Protel you will then receive 12 months
free ATS as part of their upgrade.

If you have any older Protel versions that you would like to upgrade to
Protel 99 SE or if you would like to purchase an additional Protel 99 SE
license then you will receive 12-months free ATS membership with any Protel
full suite licenses purchased after October 1st, 2001 (valued at $2,195*).

ATS membership minimizes the complication of budgeting for and administering
the latest design tools and is clearly the most cost-effective means of
ensuring that your design tools always remain up-to-date. From immediate
delivery of the latest product releases during your membership, service
packs, technology add-ons and libraries to the assurance of fast,
comprehensive technical support, countless technical and educational
resources and access to exclusive Altium special offers, ATS keeps you at
the leading edge of electronic design.

If you would like more information on Altium Total Support visit
www.protel.com. Alternatively, if you would like more information on other
Altium products, call your Altium Sales and Support Centre on 1 800 030 949
or visit www.altium.com.

Best Regards,

Craig Rose
Manager