Hi All,

Geoff Harland wrote:

> It is not as if Altium need the additional funds to keep their shareholders
> from rioting. So the question is what their users will get in exchange for
> these additional payments. (It has been a long time since SP6 was released
> for Protel 99 SE. And since the time it was released, two SPs have been
> released for use with P-CAD 2001.) But to pay almost $US2k a year, when a
> seat currently costs almost $US8k, certainly seems steep.

That Seems to be my big question also. It also seems tough to swallow
that it is cost effective to maintain Two PCB design packages. The
required duplicate resources to maintain and upgrade both just doesn't
make sense. ATS may be a precursor to a unified Design package.

Regards,

Jim McGrath
CAD Connections, Inc.