We should remember that Protel has a year to bed this down.

Basically nothing is different for any user for about a year.  The reason
current P99SE users are not offered ATS membership as they do not need it.

Current P99SE licenses will presumably be offered an upgrade price when the
upgrade arrives - any betting for Feb/March 2002?  In doing so you have
joined ATS.  But you wouldn't see anything much different - apart from any
upgrade that might happen in the 12 months following - not likely. That is
assuming they wish to - we always have the option of not upgrading.

So for most of us with old P99SE licenses the first ATS fee would be due
early 2003.

I remain unconvinced but I will not be doing anything drastic at this stage
apart from a little more formal investigation into the alternatives and
active engagement with Altium movers and shakers and the broad user
community. Consider this on my radar and on an active watch.  I do think we
should all make the effort to *really* understand what is proposed and, if
not to our liking, present alternatives and apply pressure.

Ian Wilson