What is realistic is the barbed shaft (tailored just for us) that some
predatory software vendors are lobbying for via the UCTAI. Among
other things, here is what they want:
    -Legalize remote turnoff  of users' software (check out MS XP)
    -Ban unfavorable reviews of  software
    -Legal protection for software vendors selling
     products with known bugs.
(See IEEE "The Institute" November 2001 Vol 25  No 11).

I suspect that the manual is a de facto legal document anyway.
Ask your lawyer.

I've done a considerable amount of software development for
instrumentation, systems, and engineering applications. I've always
debugged and certified the software before I released it.

At $US1995 for an ATS service contract, customers have a right to receive
service. On site is usually done through a contract service organization.
No rational person would ever pay for a service contract which doesn't
provide SERVICE.

So you've been there, done that, and write buggy software. You also want
to forget ATS, which is not an option for many who use Protel in earning
a living. It's now time to be creative and constructive. Tell Altium what
YOU want!

Fred

Comments above are in response to this ATS dialog: