At 09:53 PM 11/19/01 +0100, Rene Tschaggelar wrote:
>It is a short. The resistance doesn't matter.
>Ignore it. Same happens for scratchable connections.
>One way is to have two connectors with the same number,
>then a short is allowed. But then the nets are equalized.

I do not advise ignoring any DRC errors or warnings except the one about
primitives on inner planes because there is no workaround that is
practical, as far as I know. (It is good practice to place primitives to
clear the edges of inner planes. This could conceivably be done

Leaving false errors greatly improves the chance of overlooking real ones.
Further, every time one works on the design, one will have to make a
decision to ignore that error. Not good.

There are better ways. In the matter at hand, one was given. As to
"scratchable connections," virtual shorts may be used (this is a pair of
primitives that are short of contacting each other by a couple of
micro-inches. The gap will not survive photoplotting, film, or fabrication
(unless some intrepid soul edits the gerber). Another method is to assign a
mech layer to such shorts; this mech layer is then merged through special
gerber setups in the CAM Manager. Both of these are set-and-forget.

(the virtual short involves a special design rule that allows those two
primitives to be extremely close to each other.)

both of these methods leave DRC in place to check that each branch of the
shorted nets are properly routed and distinct.

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Abdulrahman Lomax
Easthampton, Massachusetts USA