I'm still trying now and then to debug the font problem on my installation
of
Protel. Ever since I upgraded to a 21" monitor at 1600x1200, certain fonts
are screwed up, most notably the Layers dialog box and the help system
I have been all over the settings within Protel, as well as all the Windows
display settings, to no avail. I can see a change in certain fonts when I

I have seen this with Large Fonts set in the display adapter properties. Of
course in order to read normal text you then need to play with all the
other fonts which is a pain. It appears Protel always assumes the fonts are
at 100% not the 125% that the Large Fonts gives. Playing with the Windows
appearance settings I can usually get it so that only the less annoying
dialog boxes are unreadable (like autorouter progress).

problem by watching registry access, I discovered that Protel accesses the
registry approximately 12,000 times between program startup and the time
it's
ready to run. This must surely account for at least some of the long delay
in

Is this the registry itself or all INI files? I've found that turning off
virusscan of INI files speeds it up a whole lot, but I haven't found that
many registry entries for Protel.

Rob

[EMAIL PROTECTED] on 11/20/2001 09:34:33 AM