At 09:34 AM 11/20/01 -0500, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>I'm still trying now and then to debug the font problem on my installation of
>Protel. Ever since I upgraded to a 21" monitor at 1600x1200, certain fonts
>are screwed up, most notably the Layers dialog box and the help system index.

I'm running the same size monitor and resolution and have no problem with
those fonts.

I think there are Windows settings that could affect this, such as small
fonts/large fonts, and there are Protel font options, but it was stated
that many attempts had been made to fix those without success. The only
other thing that comes to mind is the possibility of a corrupted or
misnamed Windows font file or some other bad installation.
Uninstalling/reinstalling was not mentioned. I hate to suggest a Windows
reinstallation, but ....

However, doing a full Protel uninstall (including removing the ini files in
Windows/System) and then reinstalling Protel might at least rule out a bad
installation. If possible another CD should be used, or maybe the demo. The
original ini files could be moved elsewhere instead of being deleted, if
one has customizations one wants to keep. Then they could be traded back
when desired. If the trading back causes a problem that was fixed by the
reinstallation, we would then know that at least some of the difficulty was
in the ini files.

Trying a lower resolution on the monitor would also provide some
information, and I would think that there could also be a video card/video
driver problem.

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Abdulrahman Lomax
Easthampton, Massachusetts USA