I managed 283days uptime on my Windows 2000 work station and thats using
Protel, Word, Excel and numerous other application everyday and just loging
off at night.

The reboot came when I installed service pack 2, 114 days ago and yesterday
when I was forced to unpick Acrobat 4 writer as it stopped Protel PCB
printer working !!!!

I have had two bluescreens of death (10th April 2001 and 11th April 2001) in
that time both caused by fiddling with Jungo's device driver development
software. Use the UPTIME command in resource kit to show system uptime
statistics.

In my experience of Windows 2000 running on the many Dell machines we have
here I have yet to see any unexplained blue screens of death. Disk failure
does it "I/O failure during paging operation".

So why would I want something more reliable than this ?