Andrew Jenkins wrote:

> On 07:29 PM 11/21/2001 +1000, robi artwork wrote:
> >Talking about Operating Systems !!!!!
> >
> >To my knowledge -
> >Linux is a much-much faster and a lot-lot more stable Operating System as any of
>Microsofts Op's will ever be.
>
> Dear Robi Artwork, please send me some of what you're smoking.

I don't know about faster, specifically, but I just rebooted my Linux web server
after a 70-day run, with hackers attacking it 3-5 times a day, DSL link up and
down all the time, me experimenting with real-time programming all the time,
Netscape browsing, FTP, etc.  I don't know of any MS product that runs 70 days
between reboots - hard to go 70 HOURS without a reboot!

My desktop Linux machine has only been up 7 days this time, but it is
power failures, software changes, etc. that is responsible for that.  It is real
new, but it hasn't crashed in the month or so I've had it.  I run MS Win2K Pro
on it under VMware, and run Protel 99SE in that environment.

Jon