Christoph Brudy wrote:

> Hello,
> can somebody recommend a way to handle components that I want to appear
> in the schematic, but are not mounted on the PCB (e.g. switches, lamps,
> fuses ...).
> I thought of the following ways to do this:
> a) create a separate schematic sheet with the off-board components,
> connected to a sheet symbol for the rest of the circuit.
> b) Draw the off-board components with drawing tools, so that they have
> no electrical connectivity.
> Neither approach seems to be entirely satisfactory, because with a) you
> have to refer to two sheets if you want to understand the circuit, and
> b) gets cumbersome for anything more complicated than, say, a single
> resistor.
> Does anybody here have better ideas ?

I normally show them on the schematic as if they were on the board.  I
should put a note beside them saying "Front Panel", or somesuch, but
usually forget (doesn't matter much if I'm building the thing, but it
would help the assembly shop.)

The footprint I use for these parts doesn't necessarily match the actual
pin arrangement of the part.

--
Peter Bennett
TRIUMF