At 12:28 PM 12/16/01 +1300, Brendon Slade wrote:
>Layer specific keepouts have been a recent topic but I wonder if anyone has
>discovered that you can assign a net to a layer specific keepout?

It's not surprising, since keepouts are just regular primitives with the
keepout attribute, but I had not thought of the implications.

In another thread there has been a question about how to eliminate a DRC
error with keepout violating against pads placed on or near the board
outline or other keepout. It would appear that assigning a net to the pads
and to the keepout would resolve this. Running actual track (not keepout)
at the board edge, where it will overplot the outline (I always plot an
outline; the fabricator will remove it, will cause connectivity for these
pads; but the net assignments will be eliminated on synchronization.
Perhaps using vias for those pads would be better. I don't have time to
test it at the moment or to work out all the implications.....

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Abdulrahman Lomax
Easthampton, Massachusetts USA