W2K docs claim to support up to 10 cards/displays, so it should work. They
can be any combination of AGP or PCI. Go to the Microsoft site get Q238886,
"How to set up and troubleshoot multiple monitors in Windows 2000".

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q238886

You can determine whether an adapter is compatible by checking the HCL at
http://www.microsoft.com/hcl/default.asp

Select "display" for the search condition. You can also enter your specific
adapter model. You will get a matrix of OS's, display adapters, logo
compatibility. Click on a specific listing to get details.

Any reason to invest in a special dual card? Why not just use the
inexpensive ones, assuming you have enough slots available. I suppose the
performance is better.

I just checked pricewatch.com,
$54  -  Dual 128MB
$39  -  Dual 64MB
$42  -  Dual 32MB
$26  -  Dual 16MB
$92  -  Quad 64MB
$65  -  Quad 32MB

Obviously price is not a significant factor. Hmmm.