Thanks for the information Darryl. The Microsoft document states that the
primary adapter must be in PCI slot 0 or 1. The problem is that I'd prefer
to get an AGP adapter, and the integrated video is also AGP, so I need to
know if it's possible to run two AGP adapters at the same time. I suspect
that it isn't. In answer to your question about why don't I get an
inexpensive card, I have a couple of younger relatives that would appreciate
the ability to play games at 'max performance' (this is for my PC at home,
not at work).

Thanks again.
Steve.