Hello all,

We have been given responsibility for a large suite of technology from a
defunct US company (once owned by Cadence).  The schematics are in OrCad
capture (DSN) format, but the PCBs are unknown.  I thought either OrCad
Layout or Cadence Allegro but neither creates *.PCB files.

Inspecting the binary PCB files gives no apparent clue (no helpful text
string embedded anywhere that gives any clues).

So what mainstream, and probably high end, programs create PCB files with a
.PCB extension.  I have reason to believe that it was hosted on Windows but
even it may have been a Unix variant.

It is not an option to send out a sample file (at least until we get
through the pile and find some of the low-IP test jigs).

Not much to go on I know but has any one got any ideas?

Many thanks and for those that celebrate different occasions at this time
of year, have a good one,
Ian Wilson