I have a 5 sheet project that I was planning to put on one PCB.
However It has become clear that there is no way all the parts are going to
fit in the space available.

To solve this I will have to stack 2 PCBs (there are mounting slots provided
for two PCBs in the enclosure).

The problem is that the most efficient way to do this requires all the
display parts on one PCB - the rest on the other. Unfortunately this is not
the way the schematic sheets are arranged. So it will be impossible to get a
netlist for individual PCBs.

What I was planning to do was draw the two pcbs in one file connected
together and have a perforation or groove for splitting the two pcbs.

Placing correctly sized vias on a 2.54mm pitch for PCB interconnections on
both PCBs should allow me to use a  ribbon cable from another one of our
standard products.

I plan to annotate the schematics showing which parts are on the second PCB.

All this should still be quicker than redrawing the project.

Any one see any problems with this idea? Or a better way of proceeding?

Thanks,

Tom.