I understand that the user group started with local meetings in the San
Jose California area, but there have not been actual meetings for a long
time, except for a few Protel-sponsored meetings at PCB Design Conference
West and East.

Worcester is about an hour away from me and I'd be happy to attend a
meeting in that area or even as far east as Boston. Local users are
obviously free to organize meetings wherever, and I see no harm in using
this Forum to publicize them. If it ever happens that local meetings become
so numerous that publicizing them internationally on this list is a burden,
we can use a calendar page on one of the protel-users lists on yahoogroups.com.

I'm also willing to attend user meetings outside the Mass./Conn. area, but
I might be looking for expenses....

It would be good for a local meeting to have a company sponsor which would
provide a meeting place....

At 10:15 AM 12/21/2001 -0500, Sean James wrote:
>Has anybody ever thought about having local meetings for Protel users?  This
>way we can put a "face" to the people in the forum, and to exchange
>information.
>Sean James
>PCB Designer
>Telecast Fiber Systems, Inc.