From: Abd ul-Rahman Lomax [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Saturday, January 19, 2002 1:08 PM
To: Protel EDA Forum
Subject: Re: [PEDA] Autorouter Stability Problems

At 12:16 PM 1/19/2002 -0600, John Whittaker wrote:
>Have you heard about the upcoming Protel Release - 'Phoenix'?  Will this
>improve upon the autorouter?

It is a near certainty. As a completely rewritten router, we expect, it may
have some bugs, but I also suspect that we will be very glad to see it.

There is no sign, however, that the router or any other aspect of Phoenix
is in Beta test. This is a matter of concern. Since Protel now has a formal
Beta program with NDA, it is possible that some Beta testing is going on,
but it seems quite unlikely that wide-scope Beta testing, needed to give
the program a serious workout to find subtle bugs and shortcomings, has
begun. If there are only a few testers, it is not really Beta.

http://www.protel.com/media/mr02_situs.htm

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Abdulrahman Lomax
Easthampton, Massachusetts USA