Darryl

Sounds like you are attempting to have 2 different people do 2 different
things to the same file at the same time (under the new Protel database
structure).

1. Not a real good idea, and if you really want to do this on a regular
basis, I would recommend your going back to the old file structure which
uses individual files, and thus will not cause these problems. If you
are sure that you want to do this, and keep the database file structure,
you better define just who has what specific responsibility to what part
of the database file, and how the two different people are going to
integrate their "joint" design.

2. In theory, you should be able to share the file, and spefically the
individual components of the database, which are infact files
themselves, but Protel does not seem to understand that sometimes, and
sometimes simply cannot seem to find the file (especially if it is
already opened by another process). I say sometimes here because it
appears that Protel is not completely consistant in it's behavior all of
the time when it comes to multiple instances or processes and file
sharing, (at least with my installation).

JaMi Smith
Optical Crossing Inc.

* * * * *