JaMi,

Thanks for the info. It seems that every time I use a Protel feature other
than basic sch & pcb editing features, there is always some weird problem,
limitation, or crash associated with it. The list so far includes
simulation, library mgmt, autoroute, synchronizer, 3D view, and now sharing,
and probably some more stuff I can't think of right now. But it works well
enough to build boards, and that is the whole point I suppose.

Anway, back on topic, it seems the sharing problem corrected itself...

Sequence of events/actions:
1. "pcb_user" opens the DDB locally, gets login box as expected.
2. "sch_user" unable to open remotely, Protel wants to open a copy instead.
3. "pcb_user" closes the DDB, exits Protel.
4. "sch_user" opens the DDB remotely, does not get login box, but now able
to successfully open the DDB on the remote computer.
5. "sch_user" closes the DDB.
6. Now, upon opening the DDB, both users get login box, i.e. DDB is shared
correctly.

Strange bug.

Perhaps the bigger story in this experience...In the midst of this there was
a dreaded GPF on "sch_user" while attempting to open the DDB remotely. Upon
opening the DDB on "pcb_user" we were horrified to see that THE ENTIRE 27MB
DDB WAS EMPTY! We were relieved that we had previously enabled auto-save--we
were able to restore the DDB by importing the discrete backup files. Whew!
Close one.

Side note on OS's: "sch_user" running Windows 2000 Pro, "pcb_user" running
Windows XP Pro.