At 09:35 PM 1/28/2002 -0500, Darryl Newberry wrote:
>Side note on OS's: "sch_user" running Windows 2000 Pro, "pcb_user" running
>Windows XP Pro.

Side note on side note: that *might* be the crux of the problem. Protel
99SE was NOT written and tested for compatibility with WXP....

I'll repeat, also, one of my standard comments: where you are doing
something that nearly everyone else does, you will almost always find that
the program works either perfectly or very well. Off the beaten path there
are more bugs and quirks. It's fairly obvious why, and one may scream and
rail at Protel, but, if the software continues to develop new features --
and it must -- it will always be true that, relatively speaking, oft-used
features are more reliable and stable.

At some point we should run a good survey, but I'd guess that the large
majority of us never have multi-user access to a single .ddb. So, even
though it works (maybe), I'd hate to bet my company on it.... back up early
and often. And squawk here if any aspect of it does not work, and to Protel
if you want to frost the cake. That way, succeeding versions are more
likely to be stable in this aspect.

We are told we are getting at least one new storage option in Phoenix,
lousy name but it's all we've got, plus the claim is that we will be able
to work freely with bare files, no more obligatory .ddb.
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Abdulrahman Lomax
Easthampton, Massachusetts USA