At 12:13 PM 2/1/2002 -0600, Jeff Stout wrote:
>That and I especially miss the k command.  Put the mouse on
>a segment and press k to cut the segment right there.  Protel's
>"Loop Removal" sometimes just can't figure it out.

Loop Removal is pretty reliable *if* it is used, essentially, the way that
it works. Sometimes redrawing part of the segment over the line to be cut
will accomplish the matter.

Edit/Move/Reroute works to break track into segments, but it would be
better to have a quick command that would take an existing track and break
it at the nearest point on the track to the current cursor position. This
is *not* what Reroute does. Reroute will break the track, yes, but the new
endpoint pops to grid. I won't explain why this is sometimes a
nuisance..... Anyway, most of the time placing new track with loop removal
on will do, very quickly, what is needed.

Try this. Place a series of track segments, starting on some primitive that
has a net assigned (or assign the net with TAB, but simply staring in
contact is faster). Leave this as a stub. Make sure that loop removal and
electrical snap are turned on. Place a new track at some point on any part
of the first track and run it a short distance over the first track before
going off somewhere else. Protel will rip up the original track, including
any stubs.

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Abdulrahman Lomax
Easthampton, Massachusetts USA