[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I am having problems within one pcb document in which I cannot place vias
> and change layers by using the star key. If I create a new pcb document in
> the same database then place track and use star to place a via then
> everything's ok.
>
> I thought I may be able to fix this by copying and pasting all of my design
> into this new document but I just end up with the same problem. Any ideas
> anybody??

By pressing "Shift-Space", you can switch between four or so different
routing modes - in some of these modes, the "* to change layers" acts
somewhat unpredictably - perhaps this is what you are seeing?

For me, the only predictable mode lets me place tracks at any angle, and
does not insert arcs or 45 degree segments at corners.

--
Peter Bennett
TRIUMF