From: Abd ul-Rahman Lomax [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Friday, February 08, 2002 12:20 PM
To: Protel EDA Forum
Subject: Re: [PEDA] Removing virtual tracks

As I mentioned previously, editing and deleting zero-length track is not
difficult *if* you can find the track, unless it is small compared to snap.

The difficulty is finding it. Right now the only comprehensive way I would
know to find all zero-length track is to copy a spreadsheet dump of track
coordinates into Excel and subtract the starting coordinates from the
corresponding end coordinates. If both results are zero, then the track is
zero-length. If the difference is even 1 microinch or 10 nanometers, the
track will display. I did not test smaller differences....

One of the coordinates can then be altered, even if only slightly, which
will cause the track to display. But if you want to find and get rid of
such track easily, I'd suggest editing one coordinate pair to 0,0 (in the
spreadsheet) and then update the PCB from the spreadsheet.

(Using the spreadsheet to change the PCB is a fairly obscure process,
especially if the data is coming from outside, as it might be in this case;
we have described at length how to do it in other recent posts.)
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Abdulrahman Lomax
Easthampton, Massachusetts USA