I see this thread won't die so I have to jump back in for a sec....

I'm getting old but I swear that once upon a time saw a PCB guy with a
vellum sheet with straight colored pencil lines drawn on it, being used as
an overlay to show the from-tos. OK maybe it was in another galaxy far far
away....or maybe it was in a dream.

....Which reminds me of one time where I spent so many hours and days on end
staring at the red and green ortho pattern (2 layers of max density tracks)
on the screen, that as I would try desperately to fall asleep late at night,
my brain would not stop and I actually ended up having recurring dreams
where I was actively doing the lay out--in the dream! I recall however that
the primary colors were transposed however due to the retinal memory
effect--green and red tracks on a white background instead of red/green and
black BG. Bizarre but true...

..you KNOW it's time for a vacation when.... ;-0