It appears that this user may have assigned thermal aperture
characteristics to create a direct connect pad or via. If so, this is not
the correct way to accomplish direct connect. Check the settings for power
plane connect apertures under Rules/Manufacturing/Power Plane Connect
Style//[select a questionable style)/Properties/Rule Attributes. For direct
connect pads or vias this setting should be Direct Connect. Note that there
are two other options. I haven't tried it, but the No Connect option can be
used, I expect, to control which pads or vias connect to the plane.

(Controlling free pads is easier than controlling vias, since pads can be
given a distinctive name, and then Free-Padname can be used as the criterion.)

If there is no problem with the relief settings, the next step would be to
identify the primitive which causes the problem aperture. The photoplot
file will give pad coordinates using that aperture. These coordinates can
be used with a spreadsheet export of pads and vias to locate the primitive.
(Note that this is an argument to use absolute coordinates; it is *not*
recommend to center films, the ppeople who plot do this already, having
noticed that it is a huge waste of film to treat absolute coordinates as
relating to the film corner!)

I could speculate on what might be found, but it is more efficient at this
point for the user to look at his file as I recommended.
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Abdulrahman Lomax
Easthampton, Massachusetts USA