At 04:12 PM 2/26/2002 -0500, Sean James wrote:
>Does anybody know of an easy way to "sprinkle" vias on a board? I want to
>place several (100+) vias on a board to get a good top-bottom current flow
>for GND.

Here is what I would do. I would place *pads* with the same size pad and
hole as will be used in the via. I would give the pad a distinctive name
like "STITCH." I could then globally edit them to GND, and select them in
the same operation. Then Tools/Convert/Free Pads to Vias could be used to
convert them to vias if this is desired. Otherwise they could be left as
free pads.

Normally the fastest way to create vias is to place them in contact with
track or pads holding the net one wishes the vias to inherit, then they can
be moved into position. In this case that would be tedious by comparison
with what I suggested.

I would also consider placing the pads in an array, all at once. Some of
them would inherit other nets, but I could then, as described, edit them
all to ground, then go over the board and move them as required to avoid
shorts. This way I would get a relatively controlled density of vias....

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Abdulrahman Lomax
Easthampton, Massachusetts USA