At 08:17 AM 3/4/2002 -0500, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>I suggest not giving two pads the same number. Instead, make a special
>schematic part with two pins (perhaps numbered 1A and 1B).

It is substantially easier and simpler to give multiple pads with the same
net the same "number," and this is treated properly by the Update PCB
process. Load Netlist (PCB) does not treat it correctly at present; it is
correct on the first load, however; subsequent loads will oscillate the
assignments.

For example, a transformer might have four mounting holes which are to be
grounded. One may name all of the MH, and have only one pin on the
schematic to be grounded.

>As far as the fill, the only way I know is to Update Free Primitives after
>the part is placed. Once the fill is assigned the correct net, you won't get
>any DRC error based on the connection to the pad. You might have to explode
>the part, do the update, and then unexplode it.

He meant to write "unlocking" the part. Exploding it will reduce it (all of
it) to free primitives, effectively deleting the component.

But it is not necessary to unlock components in order to update primitives
within them, as I recall; I don't have time to test it at the moment....

Don't be confused by the name of the command: Update Free Primitives from
Component Pads also updates component primitives.

Abdulrahman Lomax
Easthampton, Massachusetts USA