I've used it occassionally.  One thing it can do that global edit can't is
select by "less than" or "greater than" comparisons, e.g., for track width
or hole size.  Also, the ability to save/name the selection criteria is
handy sometimes. Note, however, that the queries aren't stored with the PCB;
they're in "QryFile.qry" in your Windows directory.

Certainly the option to use "and" instead of "or" would add a lot of power.