Hi guys,
        here is a strange one for you. Today I was editing a PCB database,
everything was fine and normal. Suddenly anytime I route, move or otherwise
select a net, all occurrences of that net become visible even those on
layers which are turned off. The worst example of this is with the GND
polygon on the bottom of the board, with the bottom layer turned off, if I
try to in anyway select something on the GND the whole background is filled
with semitransparent versions of all the tracks making up the bottom
polygon. There are also other items from other layers showing which are
connected to GND.

        It didn't do this until mid afternoon today. Normally the items from
a net on layers which are turned on will highlight around their periphery
(polygons, fills) or highlight in the highlight color (tracks) but items on
turned off layers don't do this. Imagine trying to edit a board with several
GND polygons on various layers, the screen just becomes a mess the minute I
do anything which selects an item on the GND net.

        Anybody have any ideas what is going on?        I have shutdown
Protel and restarted, shutdown the computer and restarted, repaired the
database, all to no avail.

(WIN2K, P99SE SP6)

Sincerely,
Brad Velander.

Lead PCB Designer
Norsat International Inc.
Microwave Products
Tel   (604) 292-9089 (direct line)
Fax  (604) 292-9010
email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.norsat.com

See us at Booth 323 at Satellite 2002 in Washington, DC March 6-8.