Bob Wolfe wrote:

> Hi All,
> Is there any way to import an older Tango Schematic into Protel.
> The Tango schematic is in binary format, and all I really need to
> do is print out this schematic. Any help would be appriciated.
> Or does anyone have Tango and be willing to output these 3 pages into something
> I can bring into Protel or something else to print out.

I was ver disappointed to find out that Protel provides no way to
do this.  It seems very inconsistant that they import a variety of old
Tango PCB file formats, and apparently Orcad schematics, but no
Tango schematics!  The only help Protel offered, a long time ago, was to
call Router Solutions.  RSI suggested that for a retainer of $10,000
they would look into the problem, and probably deliver something
at some level of function.  That did not get me very excited.

Translating the schematic itself might not be so hard, but you'd have
to have a Protel schematic library that was an exact parallel to the
Tango schematic library, or convert the library, too.

Tango netlists ARE acceptable to Protel!

I could print the schematics or make PostScript, HPGL or whatever
files from them for you.  I have to keep Tango alive just for this reason.

Jon