At 08:08 AM 3/7/2002 -0500, Bob Wolfe wrote:
>Hi All,
>Is there any way to import an older Tango Schematic into Protel.
>The Tango schematic is in binary format, and all I really need to
>do is print out this schematic. Any help would be appriciated.
>Or does anyone have Tango and be willing to output these 3 pages into
>something
>I can bring into Protel or something else to print out.
>Bob
>Robert M. Wolfe, C.I.D.
>[EMAIL PROTECTED]

I've got Tango DOS, so I could generate a net list. As far as translation,
there is a path. Tango Series II Schematics, the ASCII format, are readable
by recent PCAD, and PCAD ASCII schematics can be imported to Protel
Schematic. I also have PCAD 2000, and I just verified that the PCAD ->
Protel part works. At a cursory glance, it looked very good. A whole
hierarchy was imported at once....

But I'll have to do the Tango portion on another computer (writing the
ASCII), I've been unable to run Tango under W2000 so far. I've got a couple
of W98 systems lying about, this is a good reason to keep one of them with
that OS.

Abdulrahman Lomax
Easthampton, Massachusetts USA