At 03:02 PM 3/7/2002 -0600, Matt Pobursky wrote:
>Please keep us posted if you manage to get Tango DOS running
>under Win2K.

I've spent a little time trying to get it to work. It behaves as if there
is no video driver, which is about what I would expect, since Tango wants
to install its own driver and I would guess that W2000 says "over my dead
body."

Remember when just about every program had its own graphics driver? Let us
pause for a moment of gratitude for Windows. [ducking rotten fruit....]

Then I wrote: "One of us should ask on the [EMAIL PROTECTED]
list." Naturally, I thought, since I am already subscribed to that list,
though I don't have it mailed to me, I'll go look. After some time I did
find enough to remind me of what I already knew.

The Tango video drivers needed to be patched to make them work with more
modern video cards. I had the patched files (for VGA and SVGA) but the .ini
file was not pointing to it. Eventually I got it working.

Unfortunately, Tango takes over the full screen; I get two copies, on on
each monitor. But it *does* run.

There are Tango VESA drivers and VESA drivers for many video cards,
including one that supposedly works with the G400 series, but it did not
recognize my G450 dual head.

Bottom line: we can now write Tango Schematics to ASCII, take them into
PCAD, and from there into Protel....

I may have more to report tomorrow.

Abdulrahman Lomax
Easthampton, Massachusetts USA